To keep our studio running smoothly, we have a few rules
Adults – Parents for Martial Arts
- All members must sign in at the front desk before entering class.
- Membership must be current before you or your child can train.
- Please make sure you / your child are on time for class.
- Parents must supervise their children at all times – before and after class. Children are not allowed to be in studios alone with adult supervision.
- If you drop your child off, please pick them up ON-TIME.
- Please understand we are not a daycare. The Valor staff is not responsible for supervising any siblings or unattended children.
- Children who are not participating in the class must be supervised. Running around, yelling, or being disruptive is not permitted.
- Make sure your child’s uniform is clean and ready for class.
- If you or your child is sick, please stay home.
- Please don’t teach your child any moves you might know or have seen. They could be dangerous.
- Parents, we know you love your kids, but we are the professionals. Don’t yell instructions to your child during class. This is a distraction to all students and parents watching class.
- Please do so during the water breaks if you’d like to speak with your child. Don’t call your child off the floor without an instructor’s permission.
- Please pick up and properly dispose of any water bottles or snacks in the trash cans.
- Taking a phone call during class is not permitted. Keep cell phones off or on vibrate while the class is in session.
- This is a drug/smoke free environment. Anyone under the influence will be asked to leave.
- Any major confrontations will result in being asked to leave or banned from the studio.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted in the school.
- Promotions are based on Attendance, Knowledge, Application of Techniques, Knowledge of Class Rules, Overall Attitude, etc.
- The day of belt promotions is NOT the day to discuss your child’s rank with the instructors or staff.
- Belt testing fee must be paid prior to belt testing to receive the belt and certificate.
- If you have questions, please make an appointment to discuss them at an appropriate time. Not the day of the promotion.
- Be mindful of other students. Everyone is different and progresses at their rate. Keep a positive attitude!
Students for Martial Arts
- Show respect by bowing before entering and leaving the mat.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn when walking around the academy.
- Shoes are NEVER permitted on the mats. No shoes are allowed in Studio B
- If late, get dressed and wait for the instructor’s permission on the side before entering class.
- Always be respectful to your instructors and training partners.
- Address Instructors by Mr. (Last Name), Coach, or Sir / Ma’am.
- Come to class with a clean uniform and ready to train.
- Fingernails/toenails must be clipped, and long hair tied back. No Jewelry.
- This is a Bully-Free Zone! Bullying will not be tolerated!
- Speak with your instructor if there’s a problem in class.
- Do not distract other students during class.
- No gum, food, or drinks are allowed on the mat.
- No horse playing on mats
- When class has ended, wait for your parents.
- Training is a privilege – Come to class and try YOUR best!
- NEVER use your techniques on others unless it’s a self-defense situation.
- No playing with the equipment, sparring, or rolling without an instructor present.
- Valor is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please leave your valuables at home or locked in a locker.
- Temporary locks on lockers must be removed each day – If not, they will be cut and removed daily.
- There is no filming of any classes (adults or kids) without prior and proper consent.
- Pets should be controlled and looked after while in school.
- Only certified Valor instructors are allowed to conduct private lessons.
- Valor offers multiple types of classes. Please be mindful that other classes are in session.
- Loud conversations are not permitted in the studio while classes are in session.
- Be respectful to staff, instructors, and other members.
- We strive to keep our facility as clean as possible – please help us keep it that way.
- All students must change in the appropriate changing area. The lobby or training area is NOT appropriate.
Locker Room / Striking Area
- Horseplay in the locker rooms is not permitted
- Vandalizing school equipment is not allowed. If you damage equipment, you or your parents will be charged.
- Un-related adults are not allowed in the locker rooms with unattended children.
It’s our goal to provide a safe, clean, and fun training environment for all our members.
Please respect the rules. If you have any questions – please speak to our front desk staff.
Thank you- Valor Team!