Valor MMA started off with the vision to bring quality martial arts training in New York to people of all levels
There are no limits as to what you can achieve at Valor MMA. Whether you are a seasoned professional athlete looking for that extra edge or whether you are a beginner with no idea where to start, Valor will take care of you. We offer programs for everyone regardless of their fitness level, size or physical limitations. You don’t have to be a professional fighter to train with us at Valor MMA. You don’t even need any previous experience. Students that train at Valor comes from all walks of life. Many are doctors, lawyers, bankers, programmers, scientists, students, construction workers, parents, young fighters and everyone in between. You belong at Valor, Welcome Home.
Teen | Black Belt Class
As our kids become teens, they continue to grow in their martial arts training. Our teens and Black Belts are the future of Valor as they begin to transition between the kid's class format into the adult class. We continue to challenge them and are proud to be a part of their journey as they become young adults.
Valor MMA Combines Multiple Disciplines For A Comprehensive Training Experience
No one discipline can offer you the benefits of many combined together. That’s why we're bringing you the best of some of the world’s most popular Martial Arts, to help you get fit and stay safe like never before
Our Classes are combined with... Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Grappling, Taekwondo, and Self-defence.
Kaju Bujutsu Kwai
What is my Black Belt in?
Valor MMA students are earning a blackbelt in the unique style of Kaju Bujutsu Kwai aka Kaju Kwai aka KBK. KBK is a hybrid mixed martial arts style tht correlates the arts learned. Quick history run down below.
- Motto: “No-nonsense approach to self defense”
- Slogan: “The Way of the Warrior”
- KBK originally combined the arts of Karate, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Jeet Kune Do & Fook Chin.
- As Master Phipps continued to learn & grow as a martial artist, he added the arts of Muay Thai, Krav Maga, Grappling, and Tae Kwon Do.
- Founded in 1969 by Valor’s Great Grandmaster Dr. Robert R. Rapue, a 2x 7th degree black belt, who train under the martial art’s legend Adriano Emperado from hawaii.
- Valors direct lineage comes from Great Granmaster Dr. Roy Brown and Grandmaster Bob D. Brewer (who is currentl the “head of the family”)
- Schools and practitioners teach and practice KBK around the world.